On October 21, 2020, at approximately 10:55 a.m., a West District General Patrol unit observed a stolen vehicle with front-end damage in the 800 block of Bannatyne Avenue. Officers safely stopped the vehicle, and the male driver was taken into custody.
A search of the vehicle and driver resulted in the seizure of a sawed-off .22 calibre rifle along with ammunition. Officers also determined that the male was impaired. The vehicle had been reported stolen between October 19-20 from the Minto neighbourhood.
The male driver had previously been arrested for a second impaired driving offence during the evening of October 11, 2020, when he was observed by a K9 Unit driving erratically at a high rate of speed in the area of Logan Avenue and McPhillips Street. Upon being pulled over, he collided with a cruiser car and was taken into custody.
Over both incidents, Braedon Lee Gordon, a 20-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired to Any Degree by BAC or Drug or a Combination of Both (x2)
- Within 2 hrs of Ceasing to Operation a Conveyance is Impaired with BAC Equal or Over 80mgs
- Fail or Refuse to Provide Sample
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
He was detained in custody.