WINNIPEG , MB. - The City of Winnipeg is now accepting applications for positions on various Boards and Commissions until October 15, 2021.
Eligibility has been expanded to allow permanent residents who reside in Winnipeg to apply. Previously only Canadian citizens eligible to vote in the municipal election were eligible to serve on a Board or Commission. This change will help to more accurately reflect the diversity of Winnipeg’s population and bring valuable perspectives that will be an asset on our Boards and Commissions. All applicants must be 18 years or older on the date of application.
The City Clerk’s Department initiates an annual selection process to fill positions to Boards and Commissions on which there are imminent or existing vacancies.
Applications are now being accepted to fill vacancies on the following boards:
• Board of Adjustment
• Board of Revision
• Community Emergency Advisory Committee
• Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
• Human Rights Committee of Council
• Library Advisory Committee
• Seven Oaks House Museum Board
• St. Boniface Museum Board
• St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
• Grant’s Old Mill (St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association)
• Transcona Historical Museum Board
• Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
• Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
• Winnipeg Committee for Safety
• Winnipeg Food Council
• Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
• Winnipeg Public Library Board
Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 15, 2021 or postmarked no later than Friday, October 15, 2021.
Interested residents are asked to visit the following link for more information and to apply online or access application forms at City of Winnipeg – 2022 Appointments to Boards & Commissions.